RECOMMENDATIONS FOR YARD SALE DAY
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 9
IF YOU ARE PARTICIPATING IN THE CITYWIDE YARD SALE
- Try to set up in your driveway or yard close to the street to be more visible.
- Please park your personal vehicle further up in your driveway so that you do not take space on the street in front of your house and thus help keep the area on the street in front of your home open for traffic and allow parking for buyers coming from outside the City. Any suspicious behavior should be reported immediately, so if possible, have a cell phone nearby.
- People come early, so plan to set up as early as possible.
- Extra police will patrol that day. For any problem, contact them immediately and try to get the license plate number and a car description of an offender’s vehicle.
- Join with neighbors and hold a multi-house sale at one location for a larger sale.
IF YOU ARE NOT PARTICIPATING IN THE CITYWIDE YARD SALE
- Please park your vehicle(s) off the street, but close to the street to avoid your driveway being used as a turn around point.
- Report any suspicious or unusual activity to the police patrolling the City during the yard sale.
- If possible, keep your garage door closed during the hours of the yard sale so that it will not attract attention.